23 - 115 sqm
from € 88 Thousand
Find your happiness – and an apartment in Leipzig Leutzsch.
Technical building systems
All living rooms and bedrooms are equipped with connections for telephone and with TV and radio reception. German proprietary brands ensure the required high level of quality. The video-supported intercom systems with entrance surveillance are also designed and installed to high technological safety standards.
The thoughtfully designed restoration of the façade and a paint finish to accord with the historical model give back the Theaterfabrik that special charm of an industrial monument.
A further convenience for the residents is the fitness area with equipment from well-known manufacturers in the basement of the property.
In the inner courtyard well-tended green spaces with rest zones and an experience playground are being created as the key component of the Theaterfabrik.
Underground car park
The property has its own underground car park. The parking level in the basement can be accessed only by the residents.
Cycle store and outdoor bicycle stands
As well as a cycle store in the basement of the Theaterfabrik, bicycle stands are also available in the open air. Firmly mounted bicycle stands make it easy to secure a cycle properly.
Leutzsch is a classic industry and workers' district in the north-west of Leipzig. On the one hand its architecture bears witness to the former GDR factories, but also shows stately villas of the industrial expansion period of the 19th century, which were primarily constructed on property laid out as parks. Examples of well-known contemporary inhabitants of the villa quarter were the painter, Bernhard Heisig and the conductor, Kurt Masur.
Today Leutzsch is a quiet urban district full of contrasts on the edge of the Leutzscher Holz - as the alluvial forest is called here - and Hasenholz woodland areas.
Therefore the Leipzig alluvial forest flanks the residential quarter on the north and east, in the south it borders on Altlindenau and Neulindenau and in the west the urban districts of Böhlitz-Ehrenberg and Burghausen-Rückmarsdorf are located.
The traditional recreation area in the North, with its popular miniature railway, around the Auensee Lake was founded as a pleasure park over ninety years ago. With its charming scenery of the remains of the alluvial forest, the orchards and wetlands, this area is still one of the best known and popular excursion destinations for the people of Leipzig and their guests. It is totally located in the Leipziger Auwald alluvial forest landscape conservation area.
A varied high-level cultural programme is provided, for example by the extremely full calendar of the nearby Haus Auensee, one of Leipzig's established event venues.
Without doubt the Leutzsch sporting tradition is represented by the Alfred-Kunze Sports Park: constructed in 1930 and from 1964 the home of the GDR football champions and double European Cup participants, BSG Chemie Leipzig. Together with the 1. FC Lokomotive Leipzig and RB Leipzig teams, this traditional club is one of the three big football clubs in Leipzig.
Distance to the city centre
The city centre can be reached in about 15 minutes by public transport.
Distance to Leipzig airport
Optimum traffic connections via the road B181 and motorways 9 and 14
Distance to the city centre
The city centre can be reached in about 20 minutes by bicycle through the alluvial forest.
Lacquers, paints and theatre
The origin of the Kombinat Lacke und Farben [lacquers and paints collective combine] is Lackfabrik Springer & Möller AG, founded on 4 October 1895, which later became Leipzig Lacke GmbH. In its heyday the company exported its products all over the world.
The success story began with the opening of a little retail outlet on “Brühl” road. From 1899 it began manufacturing in Lohmühlgasse, but its rapid expansion forced it to move to Leutzsch. The main products of the factory were chemical chromatic colours, synthetic resin, oil varnishes as well as printing inks and printing aids, which were used predominantly in book printing and in the advertising industry. At the end of the Second World War the Soviet authorities took over its operation in 1945/46 and on expropriation transferred it into state ownership by 1948. At the same time in 1948 the
Vereinigung Volkseigener Betriebe (VVB) Lacke und Farben was founded as the superordinate department. The centre was the Leipzig lacquer factory, where at that time the administrative department was based. From 1979 the Kombinat Lacke und Farben was the only manufacturer of lacquers of all sorts, paints and resins in the entire GDR.
At the beginning of the 1990's
the former VEB Farben- und Lackfabrik Leipzig was reorganised as a limited company and was bought over by Herberts GmbH, a producer of automotive paints. In 1997 the success story of the former traditional Leipzig firm came to an end with its final closure. The rooms of the later Theaterfabrik were once the culture house of the VEB Farben- und Lackfabrik Leipzig in Franz-Flemming-Straße.
The characteristic feature of these premises is the widely visible "Paint Tower", which originally performed the role of a water tower, an Art Deco monument with striking paintwork.
From about 2003 the historic building was again used for cultural purposes. In large, illuminated letters the logo, THEATER-FABRIK-SACHSEN hung proudly above the entrance. The property had found purchasers in two well-known theatre experts.
With a great deal of enthusiasm and by their own efforts they created a theatre school and college, a space for minor theatrical productions and three theatre and concert stages. The house had made a name for itself among culture fans principally because of its varied cabaret and concert performances. However, since summer 2015 there have been no more performances.
Since then the property stood completely empty and in receivership until it found a new buyer.
Interested? We look forward to hearing from you!
For further information on apartment types, floor plans, features and purchase prices we will be happy to invite you to a personal meeting.
An Instone Real Estate Landmark GmbH project
Your advantages with Instone
More about Instone