In the inner courtyard, well-tended green spaces with rest zones and an experience playground are being created as the key component of the Theaterfabrik. The property has its own underground car park. The parking level in the basement can be accessed only by the residents.
The thoughtfully designed restoration of the façade and a paint finish to accord with the historical model give back to the Theaterfabrik that special charm of an industrial monument.
Leutzsch is a classic industrial and workers' district in the north-west of Leipzig. On the one hand, its architecture bears witness to the former GDR factories, but also shows stately villas of the industrial expansion period of the 19th century, which were primarily constructed on property laid out as parks.
Examples of well-known contemporary inhabitants of the villa quarter were the painter, Bernhard Heisig and the conductor, Kurt Masur.
Today Leutzsch is a quiet urban district full of contrasts on the edge of the Leutzscher Holz - as the alluvial forest is called here - and Hasenholz woodland areas. Therefore, the Leipzig alluvial forest flanks the residential quarter on the north and east, in the south it borders on Altlindenau and Neulindenau and in the west the urban districts of Böhlitz-Ehrenberg and Burghausen-Rückmarsdorf are located.
The characteristic feature of this wing is the still visible "Paint Tower", which originally performed the role of water tower, an Art Deco monument with striking paintwork.
From about 2003, the historic building was again used for cultural purposes. In large, illuminated letters the logo, THEATER-FABRIK-SACHSEN hung proudly above the entrance. The property had found purchasers in two well-known theatre experts.
With a great deal of enthusiasm and by their own efforts, they created a theatre school and college, a space for minor theatrical productions and three theatre and concert stages. The house had made a name for itself among culture fans principally because of its varied cabaret and concert performances. However, since summer 2015 there have been no more performances.
The origin of the Kombinat Lacke und Farben [varnish and paint collective combine] is Lackfabrik Springer & Möller AG, founded on 4 October 1895, which later became Leipzig Lacke GmbH. In its heyday, the company exported its products all over the world.
The success story began with the opening of a little retail outlet on the “Brühl”. From 1899, it began manufacturing in Lohmühlgasse, but its rapid expansion forced it to move to Leutzsch. The main products of the factory were chemical chromatic colours, synthetic resin, oil varnishes as well as printing inks and printing aids, which were used predominantly in book printing and in the advertising industry.
At the end of the Second World War in 1945 to 1946, the Soviet authorities took over its operation and on expropriation in 1948 transferred it into state ownership. Also in 1948, the Vereinigung Volkseigener Betriebe [Association of National Enterprises] (VVB) Lacquers and Paints was founded as a superordinate authority. The centre was the Leipzig lacquer factory, where at that time the administrative department was based. From 1979, the Kombinat Lacke und Farben was the only manufacturer of lacquers of all sorts, paints and resins in the entire GDR.
the former VEB Farben- und Lackfabrik Leipzig was reorganised as a limited company and was bought over by Herberts GmbH, a producer of automotive paint. In 1997, the success story of the former traditional Leipzig firm came to an end with its final closure. The rooms of the later Theaterfabrik were once the culture house of the VEB Farben- und Lackfabrik Leipzig in Franz-Flemming-Straße.
All living rooms and bedrooms are equipped with connections for telephone and with TV and radio reception. German proprietary brands ensure the required high level of quality. The video-supported intercom systems with entrance surveillance are also designed and installed to high technological safety standards.
A further convenience for the residents is the fitness area with equipment from well-known manufacturers in the basement of the property.
As well as a cycle store in the basement of the Theaterfabrik, bicycle stands are also available in the open air. Firmly mounted bicycle stands make it easy to secure a cycle properly.
Yes, I am interested in further information about this project.
We will send you more information about our offers shortly.
Your INSTONE Team